Greetings Obama Families,
Please see important reminders below as we begin our second semester on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
1. The schedule is changing on Tuesday for all DeKalb County students, per a district directive. We will return to our full-day bell schedule (the schedule we follow inside the school each day) on January 19, 2021 (Teachers will send the specific grade level schedules to you via Class DOJO).
2. Students should now log in at 7:50 a.m.
3. 30 minute lunch periods and 20 minute recess periods are imbedded in the bell schedule for each student.
4. The last instructional period ends at 1:55pm- 2 pm.
5. Please review your student’s new schedule in Infinite Campus.
6. Due to the MLK Holiday observance on Monday, students will report to class this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for synchronous instruction (live instruction with the teacher). In doing so, students will receive four days of synchronous instruction, as usual.
7. On next Monday, January 25, 2021, we will resume our normal weekly schedule, where Wednesday is an asynchronous (independent instructional day for students).
Again, detailed schedules for each grade level will be sent to you via email and/or CLASS DOJO by your child’s homeroom teacher.
As decisions are made regarding a possible hybrid face to face return, we will let you know! Thanks again for your continued support and patience. We’ll get through this TOGETHER...Keep on soaring, Eagles!