Obama Broadcast Opening, Middle, and Closing
· “Good Morning. Welcome to an awesome day at Barack H. Obama Elementary Magnet School of Technology, where students are smart, skilled, and talented. Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, Bully-Free Pledge, and the patriotic song.” (Wait 10 seconds for students to stand.)
· “Please place your right hand over your heart.” (Say the Pledge of Allegiance.)
· “Now for the Bully Free Pledge.” (Say the Bully-Free Pledge.)
· “Please remain standing for the patriotic song.” (Play patriotic song)
- “You may be seated. Now we will hear from Ms. Taylor/Ms. Filey/Ms. Grays/Mrs. Robertson with the birthdays, announcements, and the moment of silence followed by ____, ____, and ___.” (Play the birthday song when cued.) (Move completely out of the way of crew members and guests who need to come to the microphone or camera.)
· Student announcements: weather, lunch menu, inspirational quote, club meetings and the following (15 seconds or less):
o Weather: "Today's weather: The high is ____ degrees. The low is ______ degrees with a ______ % chance of rain. Tomorrow's weather: The high is ____ degrees. The low is ______ degrees with a ______ % chance of rain." (Remind students to wear a raincoat or bring an umbrella when the chance of rain is 40% or higher. If it is going to be cool (below 69 degrees), remind students to wear a sweater or light jacket. If it is going to be cold (below 59 degrees), remind students to weather a winter coat, hats< and gloves.)
o Monday Manners
o Tech (STEM) Tuesday
o Word Wednesday
o Career/Character Thursday (Counselor talks about careers or character trait of the month for 120 seconds or less.)
o Phenomenal Friday (Highlight outstanding students, classes, people in the community. Ex. Top Reflex Math student, Gabby Douglas, newly inducted 4 year old Mensa member, etc.)
· The vision of our school is to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment that empowers every student to reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. Our school's mission is that the school, community, and parents will work together to create a challenging and nurturing environment that will cultivate high self-esteem, acceptance of others and academic excellence in every student, so that they are prepared to meet the challenges presented in a technologically advanced society.
· The time is ________ a.m. Remember, Obama Eagles are kind-hearted, scholars, leaders, and problem solvers. That completes our Eagle News! Smart, skilled, and talented Obama Eagles have an awesome day! Have a _____________.
(Marvelous Monday, Tech Tuesday, STEAMing Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Thrilling Thursday, Phenomenal Friday, etc. Other adjectives may be used as long as they are appropriate and relevant i.e. Drug-free Monday, Thankful Thursday, Fantastic Friday.)